Blowfish - Photo of the week
Yesterday we spent the morning in Virginia Beach. A little girl walked over with this in her hand and showed us what she found. After I took this photo, she carried it into the beach house to show her mom, who I’m sure was more than happy to have this fine specimen in her kitchen.

Technorati Tags: , ,

11 replies
  1. Jeff
    Jeff says:

Haha, cool. I live in Virginia Beach, and haven’t ever seen one of thoose out of the water. What part were you in?

2. Marcus
    Marcus says:

Sandpiper Beach I think is what it’s called. It’s way down Princess Anne Blvd. It’s a pretty nice beach if you don’t mind the utter lack of waves :).

3. Jeff
    Jeff says:

Is it Sandbridge beach? Or Sandpiper Road IN Sandbridge?

Either way, I live about 5 minutes from there.

4. Marcus
    Marcus says:

Sandbridge Beach I imagine. It was the first time I’ve been there–nice area though, I’d love to move out there sometime.

5. Bill
    Bill says:

That fish is a “Sea Robin.” You used to be able to buy them inflated and dried in souvenir shops.

Thirty years ago, we lived up P. Anne in Green Run and used to take our girls down to Sandbridge to swim. Nice memories.

6. Marcus
    Marcus says:

Thanks for the correction Bill. I started having doubts as to whether it really was a blowfish, but didn’t know what else to call it :).

7. Bill
    Bill says:

Hey, I didn’t mean it as a correction! They are blowfish, ‘sea robin’ just differentiates them from the other kinds of blowfish.

Bill

8. Amber Nussbaum
    Amber Nussbaum says:

Awesome photo! I’m in Va. Beach too.. I clicked over here from Lifehacker. Well, one more blog in the RSS reader haha. Hi!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] went to virginia beach this weekend, it was perfect weather with no wind in sight and not too hot either. max found it amusing to be running and rolling in a giant sandbox. i collected handfuls of seashells to bring back and display on my nightstand. brought my moleskine and sketched little girls in cute bikinis burying themselves in giant holes while i listened to some ben lee on the pod. one of the girls i was drawing found this blowfish. it was a nice introduction to summer. […]

2. […] in giant holes while listening to some ben lee. one of the girls i was drawing found this blowfish. it was a nice introduction to summer. […]

3. Beach Party says:

Click through for full size photo of this amazing blow fish:…

Comments are closed.