I think before this year I’d probably purchased 4 or 5 shareware programs, this year it’s been a different story! I’m not sure if it’s that the quality of the available shareware has gotten that much better or if I’ve just started buying more of it, but in any case, here’s the list of Shareware apps I’ve been using:
- Ecto (ok, I’ve probably had this for more than a year, but I’m listing it here since I’m typing this blog entry in it and it’s great.)
- TextMate – There’s nothing I can say about TextMate that hasn’t already been said. I love it.
- MacGourmet – This one was for J, she loves it.
- PulpMotion – Wow. Aquafadas just raised the bar on photo/video slideshows. Great price too.
- CSSEdit – I can’t imagine editing CSS without this application anymore. Beautiful.
- Cha-ching and iBank (reviews forthcoming)
- Parallels – Wow. Parallels has completely eliminated the old Dell laptop I had hanging around.
- Disco – I hardly ever burn CD’s, but I’m a sucker for a good (and/or fun) UI.
- Delicious Library – This came with MacHeist. I was pretty skeptical about it since for my book cataloging needs, it’s almost useless (I use LibraryThing), but I’ve found it pretty fun to use nonetheless.
- DevonThink – Another MacHeist, I’d been using the trial for…well too long, great program.
- Enigmo2 – Macheist. The first Mac game I’ve ever bought and I admit, I love it.
- In addition, I got a few other apps from MacHeist that I doubt I’ll use much, but are kind of cool – ShapeShifter (I actually already own a license to this and really enjoyed it, but haven’t used it for a couple years), RapidWeaver looks nice, but I’m a Rails head… who knows, maybe I’ll use it, Newsfire is also nice, but I can’t give up Google Reader for a desktop client, FotoMagico and iClip – I haven’t used them yet, but who’s to say I won’t.
- Inbox – Review forthcoming
In addition, there are a few shareware app’s I’ve got my eyes on:
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Tangerine – I almost want to pay 25 bucks just for the Icon.
- OmniFocus (is it ready yet? 🙂
- Voice Candy (what can I say, it looks fun 🙂
Hopefully you’ve found some good ones in this list, if you like the program, why not support the developers buy purchasing it? What Mac Shareware did you buy this year?