A few good links to get your wheels spinning:
- Onewheel is the only self-balancing wheeled transportation thing that actually looks cool. It avoids the Segway problem of making you look smug while you’re riding it.
- Bitcoin seems to have stabilized after the steep drop last month, but there are competitors nipping at its heels. If I had to bet on one, it’d be Z Cash.
- You can make your own Brain Simulator with open source software.
- Looking for your next big idea? Check out Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson. His explanation the adjacent possible is very good. Another “idea” book that is perhaps not as eloquent but more pragmatic is Become An Idea Machine.
- The Wolfram Programming language is insane. Things that would take a lot of specialized code or special libraries are built into Wolfram. It’s really easy to try online.
- You’ve probably heard, but it looks like there’s probably another planet out there. Planet Nine.
- There’s a documentary on Netflix called The Cruise. It’s about a tour bus operator in NYC and it is… awesome. I first heard about it in a podcast with Edward Norton.
- Fairytales – older than we thought and psychologically irresistible.
- This Hero’s Journey storyboard template is great for sketching out ideas for stories. I used it a few years ago to make a movie about space with my kids.